The following industry news feed has been provided by Medical News Today:
- Newly created compound boosts anti-cancer immunity
- New colon cancer drugs may arise from protein discovery
- New drug attacks cancer-causing genes
- How lung cancer cells disguise themselves to evade chemo
- Newly found organ may lead to ‘dramatic medical advances’
- How drug mortality rates vary across the United States
- Cancer: How a novel gel could halt its return
- How a novel protein may combat cancer
- How to recognize a gas leak
- Essential oils may disrupt normal hormonal activity
- How to deal with bad news
- How an existing diabetes drug controls pancreatic cancer
- E-cigarettes ‘may do more harm than good,’ study suggests
- Over 400,000 U.S. deaths per year caused by lead exposure
- Do you really know how your partner feels?
> Bank Holiday Information
MMP will be closed on 29th March to 3rd April 2018. Please remember to order your medication if it is needed.
> National Diabetes Audit
Midlands Medical Partnership will be taking part in the National Diabetes Audit.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Mere Green Surgery
Mere Green Surgery will hold it’s PPG meeting on Monday 29th January 2018.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Eaton wood Medical Centre
Eaton Wood Medical Centre will hold it’s PPG meeting on Thursday 8th February 2018.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – South
The next south Patient Participation Group (PPG) meeting will take place on Tuesday 20th March at 6pm at Old Priory.
Our Carer resources are now available via the ‘Carer Support’ page. If you are a carer please visit the surgery and notify our reception team. You will then be issued with a carers pack containing support and guidance.
> Cancer Resources
MMP have been working very closely with Cancer UK. Please look through our resources available via the Patient Resources section.
> Flu Campaign
We have a shortage of Pneumonia vaccines at present, please ring your surgery in December to check if we have any Vaccinations.
> Dementia Drop In Service
MMPs next Dementia Drop In Service is held at Eaton Wood Medical Centre on 31st August 2016. The Alzheimers Society will be running this event. All patients & carers are welcome.
> New Website Launched!
Welcome to MMPs New Website