The following industry news feed has been provided by Medical News Today:
- One injection could kill cancer
- The end of toxic chemo? Blocking vitamin B-2 may stop cancer
- E-cigarettes may cause cancer and heart disease, says study
- Fish-derived omega-3 best for preventing breast cancer
- Breast cancer: Protein that drives metastasis uncovered
- Breast cancer: Body fat, not weight, poses major risk
- What are the best foods to fight aging?
- Happiness may lie in 1 hour of screen time daily
- ‘Cross-dressing’ cells may improve cancer treatment
- Purulent drainage: Color, types, and treatment
- The perils of sneezing incorrectly
- Types of zoonotic diseases
- Sitting down can build fat around your organs, study shows
- Mercury poisoning: Symptoms and treatment
- Heart failure risk might depend on your neighborhood
> National Diabetes Audit
Midlands Medical Partnership will be taking part in the National Diabetes Audit.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Mere Green Surgery
Mere Green Surgery will hold it’s PPG meeting on Monday 29th January 2018.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Eaton wood Medical Centre
Eaton Wood Medical Centre will hold it’s PPG meeting on Thursday 8th February 2018.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – South
The next south Patient Participation Group (PPG) meeting will take place on Tuesday 6th February 2018.
Our Carer resources are now available via the ‘Carer Support’ page. If you are a carer please visit the surgery and notify our reception team. You will then be issued with a carers pack containing support and guidance.
> Cancer Resources
MMP have been working very closely with Cancer UK. Please look through our resources available via the Patient Resources section.
> Flu Campaign
We have a shortage of Pneumonia vaccines at present, please ring your surgery in December to check if we have any Vaccinations.
> Dementia Drop In Service
MMPs next Dementia Drop In Service is held at Eaton Wood Medical Centre on 31st August 2016. The Alzheimers Society will be running this event. All patients & carers are welcome.
> New Website Launched!
Welcome to MMPs New Website