Location: Erdington Medical Centre (B24)
- To provide clerical and reception support to the organisation to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service at all times to staff, patients and relatives.
- To deal with enquiries from medical staff, patients and the general public.
- To records patient information and make appointments
- To be conversant with organisational policies and procedures to ensure an efficient and effective delivery of service provision
- To adhere to MMPs Health and Safety Policy
2. Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Opening the premises, deactivating alarm systems, checking the heating and ventilation
- Restoring the telephone system, opening the post and distributing medical records or other documentation to the clinicians’ rooms at the commencement of surgery
- The registration of patients to the list ensuring a comprehensive capture of all relevant data
- Receiving and directing patients on arrival. Monitoring of patients whilst waiting in the reception area. Escorting patients and visitors around the building as requested
- Booking appointments for the doctors, nurses, and other healthcare staff
- Preparation of repeat prescriptions, sickness notifications, and other documentation for the partners’ signature prior to collection by the patient; answering general queries, explaining practice procedures and receiving requests for medication
- Filing and extracting medical records and any documents relating to medical records, to include the scanning of letters and automated filing of pathology reports and typing duties as required by the manager or clinicians
- Receiving and recording requests for home visits; preparation of visiting lists; recording patient contact details following visits
- Ensuring adequate supplies of stationery/equipment is available in the consulting and reception areas. This may include moving stationery to and from the storeroom as required
- Ventilation and tidying consulting rooms and waiting area following surgeries; ensuring the reception area is kept tidy for incoming colleagues; ensuring there is a handover of information to incoming colleagues
- Receiving and recording messages for district nursing and other healthcare staff
- The recording and despatch of medical specimens with accurate detail on the relevant accompanying forms. The recording of statistical information as required in line with MMP Policies and Procedure’s
- Use of the practice computing system as necessary, to undertake recall procedures and any other related duties as defined by the Site Lead Officer.
- Responding as a first contact in an emergency situation in line with training given
- Performing the evening checklist procedure prior to departing the building; liaising with the practice cleaners as required
- Securing the premises, exterior gates, shutters and windows – setting alarms as required
- To work collaboratively with other users of the centre; to work in a flexible and positive manner with colleagues, to assist in the promotion of a professional, competent and caring delivery of healthcare to the users of the service.
- To work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and MMP Policy and Procedures
3. Other Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
- To take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their own acts or omissions.
- To ensure you are fully trained and conversant with fire regulations and health and safety and understand what to do in an emergency.
Equality and Diversity
- To carry out at all times their responsibilities in line with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure.
Risk Management and Clinical Governance
- To work within the Clinical Governance Framework of the practice, incorporating Risk Management and all other quality initiatives and all aspects of CQC implementation.
- To maintain confidentiality of information relating to patients, clients, staff and other users of the services in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 including outside of the work environment. Any breach of confidentiality may render an individual liable for dismissal and/or prosecution.
- Whilst in post, Staff are expected to acquire and update their knowledge on safeguarding as per the Intercollegiate document requirements and MMP policies.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the role, within the bounds of his/her own competence as guided by the attached management framework.
- To work at Dudley Park
- Covering core working hours for MMP which may extend in line with future NHS policies.
- In light of national policy and due the needs of the business it may be necessary for the Partnership to alter the opening hours of the surgeries. This could incorporate different opening hours and weekend working which may affect when you are required to work. The post holder is expected to be flexible and accommodating, following consultation, in terms of any changes to operating times in the future.
Location: Erdington Medical Centre
Reference ID: 2232
Job Types: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,284.00-£19,023.00 per year