The following industry news feed has been provided by Medical News Today:
- Existing liver drug can help treat Alzheimer’s
- Stroke significantly increases the risk of dementia
- Fighting Alzheimer’s with ‘decoy receptors’
- Opioid crisis breakthrough: Non-addictive painkiller found effective
- Ketamine for depression may contribute to opioid dependence
- Dairy and meat ‘beneficial for heart health and longevity’
- Distress boosts heart attack and stroke risk
- Forehead wrinkles – an early sign of cardiovascular disease?
- What to know about complex PTSD
- Low-carb diets ‘are unsafe and should be avoided’
- Dogs: Our best friends in sickness and in health
- Severe depression: Vagus nerve stimulator improves lives
- Cannabis and some conditions hasten brain aging
- Alzheimer’s tied to brain’s ‘waste removal system’
- What are the effects of bulimia on the body?
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Eaton wood Medical Centre
Eaton Wood Medical Centre will hold it’s PPG meeting on Thursday 15 November 2018.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – South
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) for the South will take place at All Saints Medical Centre on 3rd December 2018 at 2.30pm.
> Dementia Drop in Service
‘MMP offers a regular Dementia Drop in Service in partnership with Alzheimer’s Society at your site. Please contact your local site for the date of the next clinic.’
> Dementia Awareness
Midlands Medical Partnership will be holding a Dementia Awareness event on Wednesday 24th October 2018. Please click on the poster for more details.
> Flu vaccinations
Flu vaccinations are now available for all patients over the age of 65 or patients at risk. Please contact reception to arrange an appointment.
> MMP Carers pack
MMP Carers Pack now available to all patients:
Please find our Latest MMP Carers pack below, you can also find this on our Carer Support page under ‘Our Services > Patient Resources’.
If you are a carer you are also entitled to a flu vaccination, please contact the surgery to book your vaccination.
Please click the document below to open Carers Pack.
> APPOINTMENTS NOW AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK
New Service: APPOINTMENTS NOW AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK TO ALL MMP PATIENTS AT EATON WOOD MEDICAL CENTRE AND ALL SAINTS MEDICAL CENTRE:
- MON TO FRI 18:30PM— 20:00PM
- SAT (ALL SAINTS ONLY) – 08:30AM—10:30AM
- SUN (EATON WOOD ONLY) – 08:30AM—10:30AM
Please speak to reception for more information.
> MMP Privacy Notice.
MMP Data Protection Privacy Notice: Please click on the document to view.
> National Diabetes Audit
Midlands Medical Partnership will be taking part in the National Diabetes Audit.
> Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Mere Green Surgery
Mere Green Surgery will hold it’s PPG meeting on Monday 29th January 2018.
Our Carer resources are now available via the ‘Carer Support’ page. If you are a carer please visit the surgery and notify our reception team. You will then be issued with a carers pack containing support and guidance.
> Cancer Resources
MMP have been working very closely with Cancer UK. Please look through our resources available via the Patient Resources section.
> Dementia Drop In Service
MMPs next Dementia Drop In Service is held at Eaton Wood Medical Centre on 31st August 2016. The Alzheimers Society will be running this event. All patients & carers are welcome.
> New Website Launched!
Welcome to MMPs New Website